May 1st, 2012 • Posted by Alixandria Mendivil • Permalink
Did You Know?
- One in five Americans will develop skin
cancer in the course of a lifetime.
- Each year there are more new cases of
skin cancer than the combined incidence of
cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
- An estimated 123,590 new cases of
melanoma were diagnosed in the US in
2011, with nearly 8,790 resulting in death.
- Growing research suggests antioxidants
may help prevent additional
These sunscreens meet all requirements
from American Cancer Society and
American Academy of Dermatology for
the prevention of skin cancer:
- Broad-spectrum protection (protects against UVA & UVB rays).
If used as directed with other sun protection measures, a
broad spectrum product reduces the risk of skin cancer and
early skin aging, as well as helps prevent sunburn.
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 or greater
- Water resistant (80 Minutes)
What's New at Jan Marini Skin Research May 2012